WHAT IS A FARM CAMP
Within Farm Camp, the Educator works to increase ag literacy through implementing standards-based lessons, connecting with an Ag Host for an on-farm experience, and wrapping up with a career lesson.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring students are aware of safety rules
- Preparing students for what they'll experience on the tour
- Delivering lesson plans (provided by Farm Camp) to create base-level knowledge of the farm operation
- Communicating with the Ag Host to ensure a successful event
HOW DOES FARM CAMP
Farm Camp works with Educators and agricultural producers to create a dynamic hands-on experience for students. We strive to provide Educators opportunities to connect what their students are learning in the classroom to real-life agricultural situations.
A Farm Camp experience is not just a fun field trip, but instead, an immersive experience for students to see firsthand how topics learned in the classroom are being lived out in agricultural industries every day.
Think of Farm Camp as your partner to help you make this a successful, engaging experience for your students.
Farm Camp provides:
- a checklist to help successfully coordinate the Farm Camp experience
- high-quality, standards-based lessons to Educators to engage their students on a specific agricultural topic corresponding to their Farm Camp tour
- clear, consistent communication between the Educator and Ag Host
- strategies to get students to interact during the tour to create maximum involvement
- career connections lessons to continue the conversation about the future of agriculture
Following the Farm Camp experience, Educators will have access to student evaluations to check for understanding. Following your tour, Farm Camp provides a social media platform and a press release outline to share your classroom's experience locally and online.
Types of Farm Camps
What to Know What Farm Camp Options Are Available for You?
There are four unique options when hosting a Farm Camp experience. Click learn more below about the differences between these opportunities, select which option works best for your classrooms’ needs, and connect with our Program Director to begin setting up your immersive experience.
How does Farm Camp support you?
Access unit plans for your educator, checklists and resources to run your event, tips and much more when you register your Farm Camp!
FIND A CLASSROOM CONNECTION
Let our Farm Camp Program Director find a connection for you to host or attend a Farm Camp!