WHAT IS A
A Field Day Coordinator is a person (Educator, Ag Host, community member, etc) who implements Farm Camp best practices to allow for a safe on-farm experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the point person for communication between Farm Camp, Educators and Ag Hosts
- Ensure Educators and Ag Hosts have access to Farm Camp materials to make them successful
- Report feedback to Farm Camp from their Field Day
Types of Field Days
A Farm Camp Field Day requires a coordinator and brings together multiple classrooms and multiple farms or agribusinesses for a day of agricultural experiences.
- Single Location Field Day
Ag Hosts meet the students at one location and students rotate around stations to hear from multiple Ag Hosts
- Multiple Location Field Day
Ag Hosts meet the students at one location (AM/PM) and students rotate around stations to hear from multiple Ag Hosts and then students go on a bus tour (AM/PM) to see different types of farms/agribusinesses
- Bus Tour
Students tour multiple farms/agribusiness by traveling by bus to each stop