Applications must be received 6 weeks prior to the Farm Camp event, unless pre-approved.
The MAITC Foundation has included the Farm Camp Transportation Grant program in their budget. The maximum grant request is $1000. Grant money can only be used for reimbursing the school district or bus company directly for transportation costs.
Farm Camp Transportation Grant Program Overarching Goal
To provide transportation reimbursement to school districts who engage in a Farm Camp experience through Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom. We encourage educators to create a Farm Camp experience for their students to build connections to what they are learning in the classroom and real world agriculture. Farm Camp aspires to introduce students to agriculture careers and the people in them to start a conversation about agriculture opportunities that will be available to them in the future.
MAITC Foundation aims to fund projects that provide students the opportunity to experience agriculture in a cross-curricular manner. We strongly encourage teachers to utilize the many educational resources provided by MAITC free of charge. You can find them by clicking on the "EDUCATOR CENTER" link in the main navigation on the MAITC website.
Farm Camp serves educators who teach students in grades 5-12. Educators applying for transportation funding must be including students in these grades for this grant to be approved. Funding may only be provided for the buses needed to transport students in grades 5-12.
First time applicants will have priority for funding. Grants must be used for Farm Camp experiences to working farms or agriculture businesses. Non-formal education applications will also be considered based on strength of application and the availability of funds.
Application and Review Process
- Applications must be received at least 6 weeks (42 days) prior to the Farm Camp experience.
- All grants will be evaluated by the MAITC Foundation Board Grant Review Committee.
- Grants are approved within 2 weeks of submission.
- MAITC Foundation reserves the right to deny an application based on quality, adherence to grant criteria and/or available dollars.
In order to receive transportation reimbursement, the grantee must provide the following information within 4 weeks after the Farm Camp event.
1) Pre-Event Survey and Post-Event Surveys must be completed by students
- The surveys are provided by Farm Camp Minnesota and simply need to be completed before and after the experience.
2) Invoice from the bus company and/or school owned transportation service
- Example: Invoice from bus company for 2 buses AND invoice from school for van transportation for special needs students
3) Completed Farm Camp Grant Report (within 4 weeks after the event) with the following:
- Curriculum lessons utilized before and after the experience.
- Event statistics: number of students impacted, number of sites, etc.
- Adding 5 images of students experiencing a Farm Camp in the classroom and out on the tour.
4) Completed Photo Release Form
Farm Camp Transportation Grant Application
**The maximum request is $1000.